A rare view of the north side of the house showing the curving corridor that connects the north wing to the main building. This was demolished in the late 1950s apparently due to dry rot. Interestingly both wings survived the 1905 fire, and it’s perhaps because of this that they succumbed to dry rot, being constructed largely of wood internally. The main house, re- built after the fire, was build using ‘modern’ Victorian concrete and steel.